The FILA Leadership Certificate Program emphasizes the importance of education in key areas including leadership, finance, operations management, human resources and industry advocacy.
Certificate Program Requirements
- Must be a current member of FILA
- Complete Program within two years
- Accumulate a minimum of ten (10) total credits meeting requirements of each specified criteria
Certificate Application Process
- Submit email to Kirsti Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intent to start the certificate program. In return, you will receive a tracking document.
- Complete the tracking document as requirements are completed.
- Submit final tracking sheet and any other supporting materials to Kirsti Nelson for board approval.
Professional Development (Minimum 4 Credits)
- FILA Annual Leadership Conference (REQUIRED) (2 Credits)
- FILA Education Summit (2 Credits)
- WasteExpo Training Sessions (1 Credit Each)
- FILA Education Webinar (1 Credit Each)
Networking (Minimum 3 Credits)*
- Serve on NWRA Committee or Board (1 Credit)
- Serve in a leadership capacity of a non-profit for at least 6 months (1 Credit)
- Attend another Solid Waste event outside of NWRA (1 Credit)
- Attend NWRA or EREF Events (1 Credit)
Mentoring/Management (Minimum 3 Credits)*
- Serve on FILA Committee (1 Credit)
- Shadow an Industry Executive from another company (1 Credit)**
- Recruit a new qualified FILA applicant (1 Credit)
- Represent and present on FILA at NWRA event (1 Credit)
*Maximum one credit per item is allowed.
**An Executive is defined as a business owner or C-Level person in the Waste and Recycling Industry. The FILA Board must pre-approve your executive; send the information to email@example.com for approval. A one-page summary of key takeaways and how you spent your day must be submitted with your completed tracking form.
Certificates will be awarded annually at WasteExpo. Completed applications must be received by December 31 for award to be given at the following year’s WasteExpo.