The FILA Leadership Certificate Program emphasizes the importance of education in key areas including leadership, finance, operations management, human resources and industry advocacy.
Certificate Program Requirements
- Must be a current member of FILA
- Complete Program within two years
- Accumulate a minimum of ten (10) total credits meeting requirements of each specified criteria
Certificate Application Process
- Submit email to Kirsti Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intent to start the certificate program. In return, you will receive a tracking document.
- Complete the tracking document as requirements are completed.
- Submit final tracking sheet to Kirsti Nelson.
- Upon receipt of completed tracking sheet, you will be invoiced for a processing fee of $250. The certificate program will not be considered complete until payment is received.
Professional Development (Minimum 5 Credits)
- FILA Annual Leadership Conference (REQUIRED) (3 Credits)
- FILA Education Summit (2 Credits)
- WasteExpo Training Sessions (1 Credit Each)
- FILA Education Webinar (1 Credit Each)
Networking (Minimum 3 Credits)
- FILA Annual Leadership Conference (1 Credit)
- FILA Education Summit (1 Credit)
- WasteExpo - FILA Event (1 Credit)
- NWRA or EREF Events (1 Credit Each)
Mentoring/Management (Minimum 2 Credits)*
- Serve on any NWRA Committee or Board (1 Credit)
- Shadow executive from another company (1 Credit)
- Recruit a new qualified FILA member (1 Credit)
- Serve in a leadership capacity of a non-profit for at least 6 months (1 Credit)
*Maximum one credit per item is allowed.
Certificates will be awarded annually at WasteExpo. Completed applications must be received by December 31 for award to be given at the following year’s WasteExpo.