2020 Hall of Fame Award
The National Waste & Recycling Association’s Hall of Fame Award is the preeminent industry recognition. The Award is presented annually to select industry visionaries and icons who have created an enduring legacy through their inspirational leadership, core values, and significant contributions. The Class of 2020 will join the 200 inductees from 1986-2019 who have helped guide, build, and transform the industry into what it is today.
Instructions for the Nominator
Please provide detailed and complete information. Do not assume that the Awards Committee will fully know a Nominee’s contributions or character. The Committee will consider no more than five letters of recommendation per Nominee.
The Committee will present a select number of individuals to the Board of Trustees for consideration as 2020 Hall of Fame Award recipients. There is no pre-determined number of inductees in a given year.
Hall of Fame Award nominations will be considered by the Association’s Board of Trustees based upon the following criteria. Nominations should include specific examples of significant contributions by the Nominee in the following areas:
- Recognition within the industry as a founder, pioneer, visionary or icon
- Enduring legacy and impact of contributions to the industry for a minimum of 25 years
- Steadfast values such as integrity, respect, courage, mentorship, volunteerism, and inclusiveness
- Inspirational leadership at a service provider or supplier, or on issues important to the Association
- Active industry engagement and service as an Ambassador of the industry
Completing the Application
All applications must be submitted via email. Please complete each section in full. To be considered, nomination forms and letters of recommendation must be received by February 1, 2020.
Nominations should include specific examples of significant contributions in key areas, such as:
- Strong and sustained environmental stewardship
- Innovation in manufacturing, equipment, product design or process
- Involvement and advancement of the Association and industry standards, practices or reputation or other prominent area
- Design and implementation of inventive business practices with dramatic results
- Achievements in establishing model employer/employee relations
- Progressive safety policies, trainings, and operations
- Early adopter of advances in science, engineering and alternative technologies
- Proven record as a civic, community, and philanthropic leader
- Advocacy that improved public perception of the industry or sentiment on issues that are important to the industry
- Effective engagement in the legislative and regulatory process.
DOWNLOAD THE NOMINATION FORM HERE.
Please contact Jim Riley with any questions about the nominations process at:
202-364-3744 or email@example.com.
Applications are due February 1, 2020.
Inductees into the ranks of the Hall of Fame include former and current presidents, chief operating officers, and senior executives of disposal operations, trade associations, consulting firms, and manufacturing facilities.